Re: SCP hangs wile coying large files

Hello Kevin ,

On Thu, 20 Jul 2006, Kevin Armstrong wrote:
Hello,
I'm trying to scp a large file (9 gig) from a Sun server, OS Solaris 8 to a Sun Ultra 5 using OpenSSH_3.7.1. The file
transfer always hangs at or around 3 gig. I know this is an older version of OpenSSH and this may have been resolved in a
later version. But if there is someone who knows how to correct this without upgrading, I'd really appreciate your
assistance. I cannot upgrade the servers at this time because these are production servers. Thanks in advance.
Kevin
For a (semi-)quick fix use split to cut the file into 2G pieces &
transfer those . Hth , JimL
| James W. Laferriere | System Techniques | Give me VMS |
| Network Engineer | 3600 14th Ave SE #20-103 | Give me Linux |
| babydr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx | Olympia , WA. 98501 | only on AXP |
| http://www.asteriskhelpdesk.com/cgi-bin/astlance/r.cgi?babydr |