Ssh issue: core not dumped: /var/core/core.sshd

I'm getting the error logs in the /var/adm/messages files when
a .NET program using the jscape.ssh.dll is trying to connect to SUN
Solaris 8 server with OPENssh 4.3 p2. Issue is that this occurs from
time to time.
Could someone shine some light on the cause? Thanks

root 16245 1624 0 22:28:31 ? 0:00 /usr/local/sbin/sshd -R

Jul 6 22:03:24 server1 genunix: [ID 603404 kern.notice] NOTICE:
core_log: sshd[11629] setid process, core not dumped:
/var/core/core.sshd.11629.server1.666.666.1152237804

I'm including the sshd_config which if all parameters are commented out,
then the default values of sshd will be used, right?
more /usr/local/etc/sshd_config
# $OpenBSD: sshd_config,v 1.73 2005/12/06 22:38:28 reyk Exp $

# This is the sshd server system-wide configuration file. See
# sshd_config(5) for more information.

# This sshd was compiled with
PATH=/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin

# The strategy used for options in the default sshd_config shipped with
# OpenSSH is to specify options with their default value where
# possible, but leave them commented. Uncommented options change a
# default value.

#Port 22
#Protocol 2,1
#AddressFamily any
#ListenAddress 0.0.0.0
#ListenAddress ::

# HostKey for protocol version 1
#HostKey /usr/local/etc/ssh_host_key
# HostKeys for protocol version 2
#HostKey /usr/local/etc/ssh_host_rsa_key
#HostKey /usr/local/etc/ssh_host_dsa_key

# Lifetime and size of ephemeral version 1 server key
#KeyRegenerationInterval 1h
#ServerKeyBits 768

# Logging
# obsoletes QuietMode and FascistLogging
#SyslogFacility AUTH
#LogLevel INFO

# Authentication:

#LoginGraceTime 2m
#PermitRootLogin yes
#StrictModes yes
#MaxAuthTries 6

#RSAAuthentication yes
#PubkeyAuthentication yes
#AuthorizedKeysFile .ssh/authorized_keys

# For this to work you will also need host keys in
/usr/local/etc/ssh_known_host
#RhostsRSAAuthentication no
# similar for protocol version 2
#HostbasedAuthentication no
# Change to yes if you don't trust ~/.ssh/known_hosts for
# RhostsRSAAuthentication and HostbasedAuthentication
#IgnoreUserKnownHosts no
# Don't read the user's ~/.rhosts and ~/.shosts files
#IgnoreRhosts yes

# To disable tunneled clear text passwords, change to no here!
#PasswordAuthentication yes
#PermitEmptyPasswords no

# Change to no to disable s/key passwords
#ChallengeResponseAuthentication yes

# Kerberos options
#KerberosAuthentication no
#KerberosOrLocalPasswd yes
#KerberosTicketCleanup yes
#KerberosGetAFSToken no

# GSSAPI options
#GSSAPIAuthentication no
#GSSAPICleanupCredentials yes

# Set this to 'yes' to enable PAM authentication, account processing,
# and session processing. If this is enabled, PAM authentication will
# be allowed through the ChallengeResponseAuthentication mechanism.
# Depending on your PAM configuration, this may bypass the setting of
# PasswordAuthentication, PermitEmptyPasswords, and
# "PermitRootLogin without-password". If you just want the PAM account
and
# session checks to run without PAM authentication, then enable this but
set
# ChallengeResponseAuthentication=no
#UsePAM no

#AllowTcpForwarding yes
#GatewayPorts no
#X11Forwarding no
#X11DisplayOffset 10
#X11UseLocalhost yes
#PrintMotd yes
#PrintLastLog yes
#TCPKeepAlive yes
#UseLogin no
#UsePrivilegeSeparation yes
#PermitUserEnvironment no
#Compression delayed
#ClientAliveInterval 0
#ClientAliveCountMax 3
#UseDNS yes
#PidFile /var/run/sshd.pid
#MaxStartups 10
#PermitTunnel no

# no default banner path
#Banner /some/path

# override default of no subsystems
Subsystem sftp /usr/local/libexec/sftp-server

This email, including attachments, may include confidential and/or
to which it is addressed. If the reader of this email is not the
intended recipient or his or her authorized agent, the reader is
email is prohibited. If you have received this email in error,
please notify the sender by replying to this message and delete this
email immediately.

Relevant Pages

  • ssh issue: core not dumped: /var/core/core.sshd, cannot connect using Perl module Net::SSH::Perl
    ... mydom.com: Verifying server signature. ... PermitRootLogin no ... # Kerberos options ... If this is enabled, PAM authentication will ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Fwd: Re: zfs send/recv invalid data
    ... If I copy the stream it works, but piping through ssh does NOT. ... # Kerberos options ... # Set this to 'no' to disable PAM authentication, account processing, ... # the setting of "PermitRootLogin without-password". ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • Fwd: Re: zfs send/recv invalid data
    ... If I copy the stream it works, but piping through ssh does NOT. ... # Kerberos options ... # Set this to 'no' to disable PAM authentication, account processing, ... # the setting of "PermitRootLogin without-password". ...
    (freebsd-stable)
  • Help please: how to enable SSH password authentication under FreeBSD 6.2?
    ... Now, I want to be able to access it using SSH (PuTTY, most often) from anywhere in the world, and hence would like to enable password authentication in SSH again. ... Therefore, I used the same /etc/ssh/sshd_config as on my live server, where this works fine. ... I recall having had this issue before, and I *think* the resolution was to enable PAM authentication or so outside of /etc/ssh/sshd_config. ... # Kerberos options ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Simple Problem; Need Help Debugging
    ... my sshd server freezes up. ... # HostKey for protocol version 1 ... # Kerberos options ...
    (SSH)