Installation problem: ./configure

On Debian Linux, kernel linux-image-2.6.15-1-486,
after I donload the file: openssh-4.3p2.tar.gz, untar
this and then execute ./configure
After some lines, the proccess stop with this msg:
checking for library containing basename... none
required
checking for deflate in -lz... no
configure: error: *** zlib missing - please install
first or check config.log ***

I installed zlib package, with apt-get install, but
dont solve the problem.

Can anybody help me? thanks for all.

http://mail.yahoo.com

Relevant Pages

  • Re: What will you be hunting with this Fall?
    ... > a rear sight and a slightly prouder front sight than ... > add a forward sling loop and a sling button toward the ... > Do You Yahoo!? ... Mail has the best spam protection around ...
    (rec.hunting)
  • Re: fstab and LABEL=
    ... Plus I agree with Tim that it would be better if we could be left in ... new package is installed, either on it's own or at the whim of a package ... Do You Yahoo!? ... Mail has the best spam protection around ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Problem with kdvi font rendering after sarge-->etch upgrade
    ... I have no trouble opening these doucments on my ... Do You Yahoo!? ... Mail has the best spam protection around ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Ousted
    ... South Korean PM played golf....result? ... asked him to resign. ... Do You Yahoo!? ... Mail has the best spam protection around ...
    (soc.culture.singapore)
  • Re: Duplicate disk in a volume group
    ... think this one would not be good because there is still an entry for a GOOD ... Duplicate disk in a volume group ... Do You Yahoo!? ... Mail has the best spam protection around ...
    (AIX-L)