RE: Remote portforwarding and virtualhost

I have a machine with a public IP. I want to remote
portforward one of the webserver port (80) to this machine.
The webserver is apache with 5 virualhosts. If I forward the
connection to the public IP machine, I am not able to get the
corresponding webpages from the virtualhosts. Instead I am
getting all from one virtualhost. Is there a way to
distinguish the virtualhost while forwarding. ?

There is no problem with the apache configuration as I am
getting the correct pages from the localnetwork.

ssh -g -R 8080:v1.local.com:80 publicIP
ssh -g -R 8081:v2.local.com:80 publicIP
ssh -g -R 8082:v3.local.com:80 publicIP

What kind of virtual hosts are you using?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Apache + Tomcat Problem
    ... I'm having a problem with my connection between Apache and Tomcat ... I also have a VirtualHost set up in Tomcat's ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Remote portforwarding and virtualhost
    ... I want to remote portforward one of the ... webserver port to this machine. ... getting all from one virtualhost. ... There is no problem with the apache configuration as I am getting the ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: Remote portforwarding and virtualhost
    ... portforward one of the webserver port to this machine. ... The webserver is apache with 5 virualhosts. ... connection to the public IP machine, I am not able to get the ... distinguish the virtualhost while forwarding. ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: Remote portforwarding and virtualhost
    ... portforward one of the webserver port to this machine. ... The webserver is apache with 5 virualhosts. ... distinguish the virtualhost while forwarding. ... One way to do this would be to put entries for "v.local.com" into the HTTP client's hosts file pointing to publicIP. ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: Concurrent connections from single IP to same VirtualHost?
    ... like to refresh the log output in a separate window. ... VirtualHost my log output doesn't refresh until the import has ... Set your browser to use more than one connection. ... Application Development with Apache - the Apache Modules Book ...
    (comp.infosystems.www.servers.unix)