how to automate public key authentication when server dual-boots two linuxes

I have a hopefully simple question on setup for sshd.

I recently switched my server from rshd to sshd and it works fine. I am using public key authentication.

However the wrinkle is that this server has two different linux partitions which I need to alternate between (strictly only one at a time, not a virtual machine setup). With rshd they both appeared to be identical as far as rsh authentication. With sshd, when I booted the second one, and then tried an ssh to it from another machine, of course I got

WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED!
... rsa fingerprint ... etc etc.

I realize that this is exactly what sshd is designed to do, to detact impersonation of the server, but unfortunately that's exactly what I need to do (but of course don't want any other impersonator to be recognized).

I could try just overwriting the second server partition's
/usr/local/etc/ssh_host_rsa_key.pub
with the first one - but is that the right way? Would that cause other problems? Hoping someone else has come across this and there is some recognized solution to this.

John

Relevant Pages

  • Re: SSH network question
    ... IP, passwords, but I can't connect to server. ... SSHD is running on my box, my router is setup to do all 'ssh' to my box. ... I would check to see if the firewall is on on the box, and if sshd is setup to run. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: How to configure for Two different IP subnets
    ... Active Directory will go haywire in a setup like that. ... AD integrates with the local DNS, so you cannot use the DNS at your ISP ... With Server 2003 Standard ... for its internal interface (ie the VPN endpoint). ...
  • RE: To Setup Exchange or not to Setup Exchange...That is the Question.
    ... enough rescources to handle the load that Exchange will put on it. ... into your server in no time, so you will either have to have a very fast RAID ... You can also setup RPC over HTTP for your sales people to reteive e-mail ... phones can download a simple POP client to the phone to get E-mail. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.setup)
  • Slow sftp transfer speed vs ftp
    ... with Solaris 9) I am transfering at 300 kb/sec. ... on both client and server. ... # The sshd shipped in this release of Solaris has support for major versions ... # Banner to be printed before authentication starts. ...
    (SunManagers)
  • trouble with shared fax service
    ... I setup the shared fax service for the first time on a machine that has SBS ... Our server has one network card connected to a wireless ... Client problem: After setting up shared fax service on the server, ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)