Two-hops SSH tunnelling

I managed to get the following working:

A firewall between SERVER and CLIENT only allows TCP port 22 from
SERVER to CLIENT (but not viceversa!)

SERVER -------22------> CLIENT

What I would like to achieve via ssh tunnelling is to send TCP port
1984 traffic from CLIENT to SERVER:

SERVER <-----1984------ CLIENT

by running (on SERVER):
$ ssh -f -N -R 1984:SERVER:1984 CLIENT

Now I'd like to add the next (and last) bit of the configuration to the

There is another firewall between CLIENT and GOOFY, again only allowing
TCP port 22 from CLIENT to GOOFY (and NOT viceversa!):

SERVER -------22------> CLIENT -------22-------> GOOFY

What I would like to achieve via ssh tunnelling is to send TCP port
1984 traffic from GOOFY to SERVER (through CLIENT):

SERVER <-----1984----- CLIENT
SERVER <----------------(CLIENT)----------1984------ GOOFY

Please note that:
a. the remote forwarding of 1984 from CLIENT to SERVER is already working;
b. there is no native process on CLIENT listening on port 1984.

I ran `ssh -f -N -R 1984: GOOFY` on CLIENT,

but testing that with telnet from GOOFY, it failed as follows:

[GOOFY]$ telnet localhost 1984

So, how do I do that?
Any security issues I shold be aware of?

Thanks in advance

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Terrible NFS performance under 9.2-RELEASE?
    ... horrible NFS performance issues. ... Client connecting to, TCP port 5001 ... Server listening on TCP port 5001 ...
  • Re: What doesnt lend itself to OO?
    ... >> proxy and instructs the server to constuct the real object. ... rather than client code. ... If 'clock' is instantiated in the server, ... > for the server interface at the OOA level. ...
  • Re: More Get-IPlayer Questions
    ... to use with mutt mail client. ... antinat - 0.90-4 - Antinat is a flexible SOCKS server and client ... protocol for Sybase or MS SQL Server. ... ifstat - 1.1-1 - InterFace STATistics Monitoring ...
  • This is going straight to the pool room
    ... or not the client has privilege to do what they're trying to do, ... The server environment is this: ... 3GL User action Routines that Tier3 will execute on your behalf during the ... Routine Name: USER_INIT ...
  • [Full-Disclosure] R: Full-Disclosure Digest, Vol 3, Issue 42
    ... Full-Disclosure Digest, Vol 3, Issue 42 ... SD Server 4.0.70 Directory Traversal Bug ... Arkeia Network Backup Client Remote Access ...