Two-hops SSH tunnelling

Guys,

I managed to get the following working:

A firewall between SERVER and CLIENT only allows TCP port 22 from
SERVER to CLIENT (but not viceversa!)

SERVER -------22------> CLIENT

What I would like to achieve via ssh tunnelling is to send TCP port
1984 traffic from CLIENT to SERVER:

SERVER <-----1984------ CLIENT

by running (on SERVER):
$ ssh -f -N -R 1984:SERVER:1984 CLIENT

Now I'd like to add the next (and last) bit of the configuration to the
picture:

There is another firewall between CLIENT and GOOFY, again only allowing
TCP port 22 from CLIENT to GOOFY (and NOT viceversa!):

SERVER -------22------> CLIENT -------22-------> GOOFY

What I would like to achieve via ssh tunnelling is to send TCP port
1984 traffic from GOOFY to SERVER (through CLIENT):

SERVER <-----1984----- CLIENT
SERVER <----------------(CLIENT)----------1984------ GOOFY

Please note that:
a. the remote forwarding of 1984 from CLIENT to SERVER is already working;
b. there is no native process on CLIENT listening on port 1984.

I ran `ssh -f -N -R 1984:127.0.0.1:1984 GOOFY` on CLIENT,

but testing that with telnet from GOOFY, it failed as follows:

[GOOFY]$ telnet localhost 1984
Trying 127.0.0.1...

So, how do I do that?
Any security issues I shold be aware of?

Thanks in advance

Ciccio

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Terrible NFS performance under 9.2-RELEASE?
    ... horrible NFS performance issues. ... Client connecting to 172.20.20.169, TCP port 5001 ... Server listening on TCP port 5001 ...
    (freebsd-net)
  • Re: What doesnt lend itself to OO?
    ... >> proxy and instructs the server to constuct the real object. ... rather than client code. ... If 'clock' is instantiated in the server, ... > for the server interface at the OOA level. ...
    (comp.object)
  • Re: More Get-IPlayer Questions
    ... to use with mutt mail client. ... antinat - 0.90-4 - Antinat is a flexible SOCKS server and client ... protocol for Sybase or MS SQL Server. ... ifstat - 1.1-1 - InterFace STATistics Monitoring ...
    (uk.comp.os.linux)
  • This is going straight to the pool room
    ... or not the client has privilege to do what they're trying to do, ... The server environment is this: ... 3GL User action Routines that Tier3 will execute on your behalf during the ... Routine Name: USER_INIT ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • [Full-Disclosure] R: Full-Disclosure Digest, Vol 3, Issue 42
    ... Full-Disclosure Digest, Vol 3, Issue 42 ... SD Server 4.0.70 Directory Traversal Bug ... Arkeia Network Backup Client Remote Access ...
    (Full-Disclosure)