Re: Permission denied - check you console

Mike,

Here is the solution. Apparently this is a particular problem with
slackware 10.0...
http://www.pocketace.net/pocketace.php?pg=articles&ar=slackware)

(excerpt)
"The Slackware udev.rules included with Slackware 10 needs to be altered
for the man, less and ssh commands to work properly. To fix this problem
you need to edit the /etc/udev/rules.d/udev.rules file. The change is in
the pty devices section, you need to change
KERNEL="tty[p-za-e][0-9a-f]*", NAME="tty/s%n", SYMLINK="%k" to read
KERNEL="tty[p-za-e][0-9a-f]*", NAME="pty/s%n", SYMLINK="%k". Thats it
just change the t to a p, and everything should work."

Bryan