From: Darren Tucker [mailto:dtucker@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, April 17, 2006 10:21 AM
To: Powell, Scott
Cc: secureshell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: SCO OpenServer 5.0.5 authenticates locked accounts

Powell, Scott wrote:
I have noticed that SSH compiled for SCO OpenServer 5.0.5 is
authenticating locked accounts. I have tried re-compiling the latest
portable version, 4.3p2, as well as some older versions. I also tried
Skunkware version supplied by SCO. All of these are authenticating
locked accounts. I even messed around in configure.ac and added
AC_DEFINE(LOCKED_PASSWD_STRING, "*LK*") to the *-*-sco3.2v5*
definitions
(locked accounts have a *LK* in the shadow file as a prefix to the
encrypted password hash.

Unless you also rebuild configure with "autoconf" or "autoreconf" and
reran configure then your changes would not have taken effect.

Does anyone have any recommendations or workarounds?

Try adding:

#define LOCKED_PASSWD_STRING "*LK*"

to defines.h and recompiling.

--