Re: openssh: Limiting bandwidth on ssh (stdin-to-dd)

On Mon, Apr 17, 2006 at 09:56:22AM -0500, Mark Holden wrote:
I'm looking at using "ssh" from the openssh package, to perform secure
backups of large directories from a local server to a remote server as
in the following command executed on the local server.
tar -cf - ./test_dir | ssh user@remote-server dd of=test_dir.tar
Ie., I don't want to first create the tar file on the local system then
use scp to copy it off, as there may not be enough disk storage on the
local system to create the tar file. However, I cannot seem to find any
way, for the above style of transfer using ssh, to do something like the
"-l" option of scp to limit the amount of bandwidth used during the
transfer.
Does anybody know of a way?
Thanks,
Mark

Relevant Pages

  • Re: openssh: Limiting bandwidth on ssh (stdin-to-dd)
    ... On Mon, 17 Apr 2006, Nate Itkin wrote: ... in the following command executed on the local server. ... I don't want to first create the tar file on the local system then ... use scp to copy it off, as there may not be enough disk storage on the ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: openssh: Limiting bandwidth on ssh (stdin-to-dd)
    ... as in the following command executed on the local server. ... I don't want to first create the tar file on the local system ... then use scp to copy it off, as there may not be enough disk storage ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • openssh: Limiting bandwidth on ssh (stdin-to-dd)
    ... I'm looking at using "ssh" from the openssh package, ... the following command executed on the local server. ... I don't want to first create the tar file on the local system then use ... of scp to limit the amount of bandwidth used during the transfer. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • openssh: Limiting bandwidth on ssh (stdin-to-dd)
    ... I'm looking at using "ssh" from the openssh package, ... in the following command executed on the local server. ... I don't want to first create the tar file on the local system then ... use scp to copy it off, as there may not be enough disk storage on the ...
    (SSH)
  • Time consumed
    ... I have ran the command by hand to scp a 200MB file from a remote ... server to a local server. ...
    (Fedora)