Re: cygwin port forwarding and privileged ports

It is probably because Port 135 is used for RPC in a windows machine ..

./thanks
ilaiy

On 4/11/06, Hari Krishna Dara <haridara@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I am trying to setup port forwarding for port 135 and get the below
error after authentication succeeded:

bind: Operation not permitted
channel_setup_fwd_listener: cannot listen to port: 135
Could not request local forwarding.

I am added to the Administrators group, and even tried to do this
while logged in as Administrator. Is there an ssh or cygwin
configuration to get this working? Is the bind really failing or ssh
is just saying that thinking I don't have root privileges? I don't
have any problems having administrative privileges natively, so I am
assuming there should not be any issues there. I would appreciate any
help.

I can forward say 9135, but I couldn't figure out a way to tell
outlook to use this port.

Thank you,
Hari

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Net::SSH::Perl bind socket problem
    ... >> bind to), maybe the ssh object is not destroyed between the loops. ... > I did use netstat -neat during, and after the script launch. ... only to handle the "port already in use" case... ...
    (perl.beginners)
  • Re: cant run sshd on 23456 in Fedora 19
    ... there's no need for SSH to be on a port other than TCP/22 and this prevents ... But it's not a good idea to move SSH to a port over 1024 since it leaves ... you in a potentially vulnerable state in terms of attack surface. ... Only root can bind below 1024 so if SSH (or ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: cant run sshd on 23456 in Fedora 19
    ... Ah, SELinux again... ... there's no need for SSH to be on a port other than TCP/22 and this prevents ... But it's not a good idea to move SSH to a port over 1024 since it leaves ... Only root can bind below 1024 so if SSH (or ...
    (Fedora)
  • ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host
    ... works except SSH. ... Bind to port 22 on 0.0.0.0 failed: ... I have probably re-create keys. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • cygwin port forwarding and privileged ports
    ... I am trying to setup port forwarding for port 135 and get the below ... I am added to the Administrators group, and even tried to do this ... Is the bind really failing or ssh ...
    (SSH)