Re: who command on solaris 2.8

Hi,

I have a problem with ssh when I run the who command. I'm working on Solaris 8 with OpenSSH_3.9p1.

$ who
root console Feb 28 00:08
u782744 smb/1 Mar 27 10:20
u752359 pts/1 Mar 30 10:01 (UNKNOWN)
n95455 pts/2 Mar 23 08:30 (UNKNOWN)

As you can see, the client address is 'UNKNOWN'. If I telnet to the box, the client address is found though.

I have a bad feeling the sshd was compiled on Solaris 2.6 so suspect that might be the problem, but wondered if there were any other known causes?

Could you set "UseprivilegeSeparation no" on the server side and see if the problem still exists. If it works as expected let me know.

-logu

Relevant Pages

  • Solaris 8 and Directory Server 5.1 sp2
    ... configured for authentication of Unix hosts on a Solaris 8 machine. ... can initialise a Solaris 8 client with ldapclient command with a profile ... Once the client is rebooted ...
    (SunManagers)
  • JAVA Desktop, OpenOffice, SunRay
    ... Would anyone who has deployed SunRay Building Blocks (server/thin client ... sunmanagers Digest, Vol 18, Issue 45 ... Solaris 9 C++ and Threads Support ... The error message which I get on the PC client is: "Error on Server: ...
    (SunManagers)
  • SUMMARY: Solaris 7 Trim for a diskless SS1 client to boot as X Terminal
    ... a remote login on the client. ... fine immediately now on Solaris 7. ... Some years ago I got a reply that most of if not all of the rc scripts, ... >> except that for the network, really were unnecessary, and that booting ...
    (SunManagers)
  • LDAP client behaviour - Solaris 9 vs 10
    ... I'm in the midst of converting our organisation's Solaris Naming Services ... in the way clients access the LDAP server depending on whether they are ... I did most of my principal testing with a Solaris 10 client, ... #1 - on the boot of the client a couple of anonymous connections would ...
    (SunManagers)
  • FW: Solaris 8 and Directory Server 5.1 sp2
    ... Solaris 8 and Directory Server 5.1 sp2 ... Are you able to authenticate from the solaris 8 client. ... can initialise a Solaris 8 client with ldapclient command with a profile ...
    (SunManagers)