not preserving timestamps

I'm running OpenSSH server 3.6.1p2-33.30.6 on RedHat Linux. Users upload
files via a variety of SCP clients, mostly Fetch (on Macs) and WinSCP (on
Windows).

I know that the -p option (or its GUI equivalent) will allow the user to
upload a file with the same modification time as it has on their computer,
rather than getting a timestamp based on my server's clock.

Is there a way to disable this option? I don't trust my users's clocks,
and I want the uploaded file to have the timestamp of my server, not from
their computer. I looked at the man pages for the sshd_config file and
did some web searching, but I came up empty.

Thanks for your help.

Scott

--
Scott D. Anderson
Wellesley College, Wellesley, Massachusetts

Relevant Pages

  • Re: AT91RM9200 booting problem
    ... I've managed to upload my program ... PLL B isn't initalized (should be initialized by boot program to ... generate 48MHz clock for USB) ... be selected as CPU clock by boot program? ...
    (comp.sys.arm)
  • Re: [OT] TVTorrents
    ... steady 48Kbps upload. ... update and gcreds can take half a day to clock up ... torrent server gets at peak times, ...
    (uk.rec.motorcycles)
  • RE: Extending the properties for documents
    ... as the Required, then when users upload the doc, they have to fill in these ... > document properties for the documents that will be uploaded by users. ... > Regards, Vilko ...
  • Re: [OT] TVTorrents
    ... steady 48Kbps upload. ... ratio back up. ... The "Active torrents" list can take an age to ... update and gcreds can take half a day to clock up ...
    (uk.rec.motorcycles)
  • FileUpload control - page refresh on submit
    ... After choosing a file, when the user finally submits it, the page refreshs after upload. ... I have a control that lets users upload an image. ...