Re: no sshd log exists

What does your /etc/syslog.conf look like? That would be the first place
I would look. I have the same thing in my sshd_config for logging my ssh
systems.

HTH

Craig

On Tue, Feb 28, 2006 at 11:46:24AM -0800, spcatch55 wrote:
I want to see a log of all users that log in via ssh,
yet the /var/log/sshd.log file does not exist. This
is on a Debian Linux (knoppix 3.4).

/etc/ssh/sshd_config contains this:
SyslogFacility AUTH
LogLevel INFO

Any ideas of where my configuration is wrong?

http://mail.yahoo.com

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Advice on dealing with scripted SSH attacks?
    ... I see this sort of attack a lot, ... script hits a tcp wrapped ssh, ... Do You Yahoo!? ... Mail has the best spam protection around ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: Brute Force Detection + Advanced Firewall Policy
    ... > Im getting flooded with ssh and ftp attempts. ... Maybe it helps to disallow password athentication, ... Do You Yahoo!? ... Mail has the best spam protection around ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: allow SFTP FTP but not SSH. Can ??
    ... If I can even allow sftp not disallow SSH, ... Do You Yahoo!? ... Mail has the best spam protection around ...
    (Fedora)
  • no sshd log exists
    ... I want to see a log of all users that log in via ssh, ... is on a Debian Linux. ... Do You Yahoo!? ... Mail has the best spam protection around ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: What will you be hunting with this Fall?
    ... > a rear sight and a slightly prouder front sight than ... > add a forward sling loop and a sling button toward the ... > Do You Yahoo!? ... Mail has the best spam protection around ...
    (rec.hunting)