scp (4.3p2) no longer allows a space in the userid.
- From: MeeAGhost <meeaghost@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 00:04:37 -0600
Prior to upgrading to 4.3p2 (4.2p1 and before) I was able to do the
scp foo "MY USERID"@myputer.net:tmp
With the userid having a space in it. Now when I issue
the command I get an error message "MY USERID: invalid user name".
The machines with a space in the username are WinDoze.
I have searched the ChangeLog and can't find any mention of this.
In addition, I searched the archives and didn't see where someone
else was having this same problem. I compiled openssh on Solaris 9.
I have also noted this same behavior within Cygwin as well.
Was this change intentional?
- Prev by Date: Re: Few Question About SSH
- Next by Date: Cannot perform multiple SCP/SFTPs
- Previous by thread: Few Question About SSH
- Next by thread: Cannot perform multiple SCP/SFTPs