Re: 4.3p1 and idled

On Fri, Feb 10, 2006 at 12:06:12PM -0800, Rude Yak wrote:
Anyone remember the old darkwing.com idled program? For some reason, going
from 4.1p1 to 4.3p1 seems to have created a bad interaction between it and
sshd. Specifically, idled stills notices that your session has been left alone
and attempts to log you off... but now the tty remains active and you can just
continue working. This is on a Solaris 8 system (64-bit kernel). Has anyone
else encountered this problem? I don't see anything substantial in the
portability changelog that references tty behavior, but then again I may be
looking for the wrong thing....

OpenSSH 4.3p1 has some problems relating to login recording on some
platforms, including Solaris, w hich might be related to this. There will
be a 4.3p2 release shortly, but in the mean time does the same problem
occur with a snapshot?

ftp://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/OpenSSH/portable/snapshot/

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.

Relevant Pages