sshd config question

Can't seem to find this answer anywhere. This question is from a server perspective. Is there a way to configure sshd, so that for some set of users it allows password authentication and for others only public-key authentication?

Thanks, -Kurt begin:vcard
fn:Kurt Heberlein
org:3PARdata, Inc
adr:;;4209 Technology Dr;Fremont;CA;94538;USA
tel;work:888 372 7226 option 1

Relevant Pages

  • Re: sshd handing all authentication to shell
    ... then sshd will return success on "none" for accounts with a ... turn on password authentication in general, ...
  • Re: CANNOT SSH to my computer
    ... > The default behaviour for sshd now is to not allow password authentication. ... > If you want to use public key authentication, ... I changed PasswordAuthentication to 'yes' and this time it asks me 6 times for ...
  • Re: Open-SSH Setup Questions
    ... Hi, thanks for the help, but I get this error whenever I try to start sshd ... >:: install the crypto library at install, so I am sure I have it... ... > If you're running FreeBSD-4.x then you have OpenSSL installed in the base ... > The default sshd_config supports password authentication, ...
  • Public key authentication on Win OpenSSL
    ... Windows system ... It works,and allows connections using password authentication, but I cannot ... get it to work using public-key authentication. ...