Re: best home router for openssh

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006, Michael Hieb wrote:

> I think this begs the question as to whether the problem with the routing
> part or the wireless part of the "wireless router". Obviously I don't know
> which, but you could test by seeing if you have the same problem with a
> "wired" connection to the wireless router.

I did test when wired to the same router. Interestingly, both ping and
tracert times are much longer when wireless, even for hops beyond the
first one.

Regards,
....Bob Rasmussen, President, Rasmussen Software, Inc.

personal e-mail: ras@xxxxxxxxx
company e-mail: rsi@xxxxxxxxx
fax: (US) 503-624-0760
web: http://www.anzio.com

Relevant Pages

  • [opensuse] Re: Networking Reachability Problem
    ... On Sunday 04 November 2007 09:58, Randall R Schulz wrote: ... Yesterday I removed the cable from the wireless router ... have a routing loop if you really have 2 connections between the ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Network Topology Question
    ... A is connected to a wireless router which connects to a cable modem. ... address 169.254.0.1 connected to an Ethernet switch. ... C has an Ethernet card with address 169.254.0.2 which is also connected ... routing tables in B and C so that packets are forwarded to the wireless ...
  • Network Topology Question
    ... I have 3 computers A, B, C. ... A is connected to a wireless router which connects to a cable modem. ... C has an Ethernet card with address 169.254.0.2 which is also connected ... routing tables in B and C so that packets are forwarded to the wireless ...