Re: AllowUsers issue

On Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 06:57:40PM +0000, Roberto Gallo wrote:
> I have an FC3 system using OpenSSH and would like to allow only one user to
> login. This way, I have changed the file /etc/ssh/sshd_config at 3
> different points:
>
> 1) Added: "Protocol 2"
> 2) Toggle: "AllowPAM no"

There's no such directive. You probably mean "UsePAM", but it should make
no difference to the action of AllowUsers.

> 3) Added: "AllowUsers myuser"
>
> Then, I executed: "/usr/sbin/sshd"
>
> Even after that, I could login with a different user than "myuser". What
> did I do wrong?

Unless you stopped the running sshd before executing /usr/sbin/sshd
(which you didn't mention) then the old one is still running with the
old config. Try "/sbin/service sshd reload", sending a SIGHUP to the
listening sshd manually or killing the running sshd before starting the
new one.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.