Re: large scp/sftp from 4.1 to 3.4 fails

security.intrusion wrote:

Hi all,

On an end,
OpenSSH_3.4p1, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, Openssl 0x0090605f  on a Windows
2000 Server.

on the other end,
OpenSSH_4.1p1, OpenSSL 0.9.7g 11 Apr 2005 on a FreeBSD 5.4-Stable.

for backup purposes, we transfer a large file from the second to first
weekly. When file size exceeds 2 G

So: copying from BSD to Windows, and sftp and scp both fail for files > 2GB?

I'm pretty sure some windows file systems don't support files larger than 2GB. NTFS should be OK (I have >2GB files on my machine with NTFS) but FAT32 could be a problem. I can't remember if it always has a 2GB limit, or if the limit is dependent on the block size you chose when you formatted the drive. I'm sure google knows :)

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Does Microsoft lie about the Linux features?
    ... about 5 hotfixes a week from my distro makers to fix silly things like my ... protect against buffer overflows) problems in Windows 2003 Server and .NET. ... > this was stupid because DOS couldn't read NTFS. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Does Microsoft lie about the Linux features?
    ... about 5 hotfixes a week from my distro makers to fix silly things like my ... protect against buffer overflows) problems in Windows 2003 Server and .NET. ... > this was stupid because DOS couldn't read NTFS. ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Re: Does Microsoft lie about the Linux features?
    ... about 5 hotfixes a week from my distro makers to fix silly things like my ... protect against buffer overflows) problems in Windows 2003 Server and .NET. ... > this was stupid because DOS couldn't read NTFS. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: Does Microsoft lie about the Linux features?
    ... > Have you looked around in Windows Update lately? ... >>The reason for that is still legacy app compatibility, not DOS ... this was stupid because DOS couldn't read NTFS. ... >>That's because that software only ships with server versions of the OS. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)