Re: PAM & RSA (SuSE Linux+OpenSSH)

On Mon, Jan 16, 2006 at 09:37:14AM +0100, Juan C. Sanchez-DelBarrio wrote:
> Novell SLES 9 is the OS installed in our servers. As a security officer,
> I try to implement the Common Criteria EAL4+ procedure
> (http://www.bsi.bund.de/zertifiz/zert/reporte/0256b.pdf and
> http://www.bsi.bund.de/zertifiz/zert/reporte/0256a.pdf) in these
> servers. It is necessary the use of audit program on the servers. They
> recommend the combination of PAM_LAUS and AUDIT. The system managers use
> the RSA authentication against the servers.

If you just want to audit access then you can use the PAM account or
session stacks to implement your auditing.

OpenSSH still calls those even for RSA authentication (assuming PAM is
enabled, of course), and if they return a failure then the access to
the system will be denied.

--
Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
usually comes from bad judgement.