Re: ssh communication issue

> -Hopefully this is the right list-
> Our ssh connections work fine on all our servers when we connect via
> the -local- network.
> But, when we ssh from the -internet-, there are long pauses where i/o is not
> displayed/echoed to the screen on our Debian servers.
> We experience 10 to 30 second pauses after a screen or 2 of display on

... dns lookups might be the culprit. if your sshd tries to lookup your external
ip and this does not work out or yield an immediate error, your connection will
stall for some time.

hf
virtual

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Strange Traffic..
    ... Subject: Strange Traffic.. ... system is just doing a large number of DNS lookups via your name server? ... The 0/2/1 implies a non-authoritative response to one of their requests. ... massive amounts of e-mail though their mail servers, ...
    (Incidents)
  • Re: DNS queries in Windows XP Professional (SP2)
    ... DNS servers configured in my network settings. ... do DNS lookups? ... It's possible that your ISP has messed up some configuration on their DNS ...
  • Re: RPZ and negative answers
    ... uses DNS lookups to find its C&C. ... there is no positive answer to be found out on the Internet, RPZ is ... not a suitable solution. ... NS servers for the NS servers of the evil domains? ...
    (comp.protocols.dns.bind)
  • Re: Microsoft Is Using Linux To Publish Its Own Web Site
    ... >> by Akamai but the real http servers are Microsoft's. ... > This can easily be confirmed by doing the appropriate DNS lookups, ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Re: Microsoft Is Using Linux To Publish Its Own Web Site
    ... >> by Akamai but the real http servers are Microsoft's. ... > This can easily be confirmed by doing the appropriate DNS lookups, ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)