flow control problems; outgoing packet dropped

Hi All

I am running an sftp request from a solaris 5.8 w/ OpenSSH
3.7.1p2-pwexp24 to a remote solaris 5.8 w/ SSH-2.0-2.0.13 and it is
failing with the following error(s) after downling about 613267 Bytes.

ssh_packet_wrapper_send_encode_va: flow control problems; outgoing packet dropped.
ssh_packet_wrapper_send_encode_va: flow control problems; outgoing packet dropped.
ssh_packet_wrapper_send_encode_va: flow control problems; outgoing packet dropped.
ssh_packet_wrapper_send_encode_va: flow control problems; outgoing packet dropped.

I tried using -C and -B 650000 and no success

I can run the same sftp request from a different solaris 5.8 w/ OpenSSH
2.5.1p1 and it successfully download the whole file, no problem.

Anyone else has seen similar behaviorr? I did google for this error and found
some discussion without any solution.

Thanks
--
Asif Iqbal
PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu

Relevant Pages

  • Re: OpenSSH Password Aging/Expiration on UW2.1.3
    ... Try using gcc compiler. ... >difficulties with UnixWare and not Solaris. ... >> Look at the thread 'OpenSSH and forced password change' ... >>> When user bob attempts to login, ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: ssh compatability issues
    ... >> without keeping two versions of ssh around on my home computer. ... running the OpenSSH server that comes with Solaris ... By 'some old security problems with that' I was not sure if you meant ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Sunfreeware OpenSSH 3.8p1 hostbased auth problem Solaris 9
    ... I've also explicitly disabled OpenSSH protocol 1. ... hostbased authentication only works when the client has ssh suid root. ... One of the OpenSSH devs suggested that for Solaris it could be hardcoded ...
    (SunManagers)
  • Proving OpenSSH 3.4p1 is using /dev/urandom (Solaris 9 ossh Vs OpenBSD ossh)
    ... I've had my battles with using a randomness generator under Solaris. ... Over the years while compiling up OpenSSH I've used AndiRAND, egd, ... OpenSSH ... However lsof does not show it being used as above. ...
    (Focus-SUN)
  • Re: Installing openssh on solaris 8 server
    ... I guess you have more fun with the packages onhttp://www.blastwave.org/ ... Older Solaris 8 versions do not have them out of the box. ... openssh package will tell you _beforehand_ if you need additional patch ... And with the blastwave infrastructure in place ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)