Openssh 4.2p1 and Openssh3.6.1 compatibility

Hi
we recently were requested to upgrade our Openssh to the latest version which was SMCossh421
This caused a problem with some Applications in the system. I recently received a mail to this effect i.e...

"we have concluded that ... is not compatible with this version of Open SSH. The reason being, SFTP client of ... uses an option -b of sftp command for batch file processing. This option has been removed in openssh 4.1. In the absence of this option, SFTP client would not be able to work properly in the system.
We therefore suggests that openssh 3.6.1 p1 should additionally be included in the System as ... is dependent on it. I suppose the package names of 3.6.1 and 4.1 are different so they can co exist in the system. "

1) Is this correct?
2) Is it also true that 4.2p1 version has not got this (batch handling) option, and is therefore not backward compatible to 3.6.1, and if so:
3) Can the two versions, 3.6.1 and 4.2p1, coexist on the same system.

best regards
Aidan

Relevant Pages

  • Problem upgrading to Office 2004
    ... I'm trying to upgrade a Powerbook from Office v.X to Office 2004. ... applications, the window comes up to accept the license agreement, and I ... Prev by Date: ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office)
  • Re: Uupgrade from Win98SE to Win XP, simple and safe?
    ... >I have Win 98SE on my computer but finding that more and more applications ... > consider an upgrade. ... Prev by Date: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: I WANT MY FP2000 BACK
    ... Once you upgraded did you download and install Office 2003 Service Pack 1, ... There IS a cavalier attitude here. ... >> Alex, ... >> conflicts with other applications. ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage.client)
  • Re: Where are Incompatible Apps?
    ... I'll be upgrading several users from PPC machines to Lion on new Intel ... My upgrade from Snow Leopard to ... which still had a copy of those applications). ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Upgrade ME to XP
    ... I can put back the EXACT same applications ... you are creating a brand-new installation ... upgrade results in a problem-free installation. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)