Re: Issue with openssh 3.5p1-6

From: Darren Tucker (dtucker_at_zip.com.au)
Date: 11/19/05

    Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 10:50:19 +1100
    To: Ashraf Eid <eid@qu.edu.qa>

    On Fri, Nov 18, 2005 at 10:04:30AM +0300, Ashraf Eid wrote:
    > My Linux server running Redhat 9 suddenly stopped accepting ssh connections!!!
    >
    > Server side debug output:
    > ===================================
    > # sshd -d 3
    > debug: SshAppCommon/sshappcommon.c:154/ssh_app_get_global_regex_context: Allocating global SshRegex context.
    > debug: SshConfig/sshconfig.c:2360/ssh2_parse_config: Configuration file is old-style. (1.0)
    > debug: SshHostKeyIO/sshhostkeyio.c:220/ssh_host_key_read_keys: Host key algorithms: ssh-dss

    I don't know what this debug is from but it's not OpenSSH. This is odd
    because in the client debug you posted:

    > Event Log: Server version: SSH-1.99-OpenSSH_3.5p1

    Assuming these are in fact from the same connection, the only way I
    can think of this being the case is 1) someone is MITM'ing your connection
    or 2) someone has modified the ssh server to lie about what it is.

    The server appears to be segfaulting (the sig 11) but the reason for this
    is anyone's guess...

    --
    Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
    usually comes from bad judgement.

    • SSH Debugging <-- compatibility
      ... Connecting to server, port 22... ... debug: Ssh2/ssh2.c:1956/main: Entering event loop. ... SSH_CROSS_ALGORITHMS packet from connection protocol. ... This is an evaluation version of the SSH Secure Shell Windows Server. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: Pubic key with proxy command
      ... DEBUG: connected, start user session. ... This output is from the proxycommand, and it indicates that the proxy is disconnecting immediately for some reason, possibly because the server is not listening on port 22 or the SSH server is dropping the connection immediately. ...
      (SSH)
    • vpn + ssh + xtern
      ... I am connected to my office server thru VPN from my home Laptop/PC. ... Once the VPN connection is established, I telnet to the AIX server (say ... debug: Ssh2Common/sshcommon.c:688: num_channels now 1 ... existing session. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: Sql Server Connection Irritations (again)
      ... Show your connection string. ... All our servers are Windows Server 2003 and all our SQL Server databases ... Toggled various other connection string settings such as pooling, ... Tested our application builds in DEBUG and RELEASE modes. ...
    • Re: Outgoing POP3 email missing/lost/not received
      ... Funny thing is that I have had this ISP for 8 years and it has always been ... It looks like when you last ran CEICW, you set the ISP's mail server to: ... Internet Connection Wizard. ... After the wizard completes, the following network connection ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)