configure password prompt in SSH

From: Manuel López-Ibáñez (manuellopezibanez_at_yahoo.es)
Date: 10/22/05

    Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 15:46:04 +0100
    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com

    Hi,
    I get "Password: " prompts when a ssh into linux machines and "user (at)
    hostname's password: " when I log into OpenBSD. The OpenBSD machine has
    OpenSSH_4.1 and GNU/Linux has OpenSSH_3.9, so maybe this was introduced
    between those versions. I really think it is nice that it tells the
    hostname.

    So the question is, is it possible to configure the prompt for password
    of SSH?
    If so, how it is done?
    If not, won't it be better that the password prompt of OpenSSH in
    GNU/Linux is the same that the one in OpenBSD ?

    I have searched the openssh web, read the man pages of ssh_config and
    sshd_config. The only reference [1] I found to something similar does
    not clarify anything at all.

    Cheers,

            Manuel.

    [1]