Re: strange sshd failure at startup

From: Greg Wooledge (
Date: 10/21/05

    Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 08:06:27 -0400
    To: Guillaume Rousse <>

    On Thu, Oct 20, 2005 at 11:51:20AM +0200, Guillaume Rousse wrote:
    > The return value from sshd in init script is 11, meaning "ressource
    > temporary not available" from errno.h, but I can't find which ressource
    > exactly.

    Return values from programs don't necessarily (or even commonly) match
    up with the errno values from the header files. I don't see the return
    values enumerated in the man page, so I guess you'll have to read the
    source to see what 11 means.

    There's an exit(11); in sftp-server.c, for whatever that's worth.

    > sshd worked perfectly before. The only change we had recently was
    > introducing RSBAC support, but it is disabled in current kernel
    > (rsbac=0), and I tested with the same result with a previous kernel.

    Then I guess it's not the kernel.

    • Re: aio_read/write versus O_NONBLOCK
      ... data buffer in the kernel associated with a particular 'readable' file ... be only the process which created the descriptor. ... filesystem is designed to be a ressource shared among all applications ... The connection is in fact a shared resource with both ...
    • Re: PATCH - InfiniBand Access Layer (IBAL)
      ... It's a plea kernel maintainers frequently make ... I figured it would be worth putting together your comments ... send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in ...
    • Re: do I really need "make-kpkg clean"?
      ... > The only advantage I see is that I get a deb package of the kernel I am ... Just be aware that you will clobber your existing kernel ... If you are on one machine, it may or may not be worth it. ...
    • Re: Summarizing the PWC driver questions/answers
      ... You're making wild claims about ... Stay with the last kernel that supported PWC ... Maintain a patch that puts PWC support into the kernel ... If you feel like throwing away two grand worth of cameras, ...
    • Re: Trouble shooting a ten minute boot delay (SiI3112)
      ... >> Mind that it is unlikely to get a good trace at this stage, but it's worth the ... The kernel didn't display any extra ... send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in ...