Re: strange sshd failure at startup

From: Greg Wooledge (wooledg_at_eeg.ccf.org)
Date: 10/21/05

    Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 08:06:27 -0400
    To: Guillaume Rousse <Guillaume.Rousse@inria.fr>

    On Thu, Oct 20, 2005 at 11:51:20AM +0200, Guillaume Rousse wrote:
    > The return value from sshd in init script is 11, meaning "ressource
    > temporary not available" from errno.h, but I can't find which ressource
    > exactly.

    Return values from programs don't necessarily (or even commonly) match
    up with the errno values from the header files. I don't see the return
    values enumerated in the man page, so I guess you'll have to read the
    source to see what 11 means.

    There's an exit(11); in sftp-server.c, for whatever that's worth.

    > sshd worked perfectly before. The only change we had recently was
    > introducing RSBAC support, but it is disabled in current kernel
    > (rsbac=0), and I tested with the same result with a previous kernel.

    Then I guess it's not the kernel.