Re: X11 forwarding and DISPLAY variable

From: Bjorn Steensrud (bsteensr_at_csc.com)
Date: 10/14/05

    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com
    Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 09:05:39 +0100

    Hi Bernd,

    > I'm trying to connect a Linux remote X client to my local X server on my

    > PC in a local network behind a router/firewall.

    > The configuration is:

    > (remote xclient) -> (remote ssh server) -> (local router with NAT) ->
    > (local ssh telnet with X11 forwarding) -> (local x server)

    Did you forget the -X in setting up the connection? I'm doing just that -
    I think you need X11 forwarding on the remote ssh
    server, too. I use

    ssh -X user@home.server.name xclientprogram

    and the client program window pops up.

    Bj°rn

    • Q: paramiko/SSH/ how to get a remote host_key
      ... I'm trying to run the simpliest example form paramiko readme(Homepage: ... cannot find out how to get the remote SSH server host_key. ... for line in stdout: ...
      (comp.lang.python)
    • Re: Q: paramiko/SSH/ how to get a remote host_key
      ... cannot find out how to get the remote SSH server host_key. ... for line in stdout: ... Is there a command to get the ...
      (comp.lang.python)
    • increasing failed sshd logins/clearing breadcrumb trails
      ... I've noticed a few posts over the past week or so regarding users' ... servers being probed by remote ssh attempts. ... spoofing from) one IP hammered my server with login ... failed root password at 20:22:13 Eastern Time. ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: increasing failed sshd logins/clearing breadcrumb trails
      ... John DeStefano said the following on 9/14/2004 10:15 PM: ... >servers being probed by remote ssh attempts. ... >spoofing from) one IP hammered my server with login ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: problem of openSSH and certificate in UTF8
      ... I extract the DN of the server certificate with the command: ... > However, when the client connects to the remote ssh server and performs server authentication, the following error message appears: ... >No RSA+cert host key is known for 10.144.166.135 and you have requested strict checking. ...
      (SSH)