setting env. var in authorized_keys, 3.5p1

From: bobby temper (bobby_temper_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 10/10/05

    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com
    Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 04:34:14 +0000

    Greetings,

    in version to 3.5p1, it seems i cant set an environment variable with
    authorized_keys2?

    We're sharing a linux account, but accessing it with different ssh keys. I
    would like to be able to log per key, ie recognize which key is loggin in,
    and the only way i've found to do that is to set an environment variable in
    authorized_key2 (environment="var=value"). It seems that doesnt work with
    version 3.5p1, am i correct? Can you think of a way that i could do that?

    Any help greatly appreciated,
    Bobby