Re: ssh -R only listening on lo

From: Micha Borrmann (borrmann_at_syss.de)
Date: 09/16/05

    Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 11:05:27 +0200
    To: David Wolever <wolever@ftml.net>

    Hello,

    David Wolever schrieb:

    > I was playing around with `ssh -R` last night, and found
    > that (even with -g, if that switch applies to this) ssh
    > would only listen on the loop-back (127.0.0.1) address.
    > This means I can't connect back down the tunnel from the
    > server to the client from anywhere except the server.
    > The command line I used was:
    > ssh -vgR 8888:mylaptop:80 myserver
    > I looked through the verbose output and couldn't find much
    > useful information.

    on the ssh server GatewayPorts is not set by default

    in the sshd_config

    GatewayPorts yes

    will help you. Another way is (e.g. if you can't modify the
    sshd_config), after login do on myserver:

    ssh localhost -D 8080:localhost:8888

    then it works too

    HTH,

    Micha

    • Re: How do I FTP via a secure tunnel (set up instructions requested pls)
      ... > I too am using Serv-U as a server and tunnel via secure tunnel. ... port. ... So much for the server side. ...
      (alt.computer.security)
    • Re: Tricky Site-to-Site VPN
      ... Sometimes the wizard acts up but almost always works. ... I am running an SBS 2003 with ISA 2004 server. ... their network securely (they insist it be done with an IPsec tunnel). ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: VPN Remote Access
      ... Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking) ... Server or going the OpenVPN route. ... Pro Remote Desktop through the tunnel to access the desktops. ...
    • Re: Tricky Site-to-Site VPN
      ... Sometimes the wizard acts up but almost always works. ... I am running an SBS 2003 with ISA 2004 server. ... their network securely (they insist it be done with an IPsec tunnel). ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Recipe for PPTP VPN from Debian to MS Server
      ... Recipe for PPTP VPN from Debian to MS Server ... Kernel image: Includes the module ppp_mppe, ... Create this file specifically for this tunnel. ... Note that MPPE ...
      (comp.os.linux.networking)