Re[2]: log scp interactions with openssh

diabolo_at_cotse.net
Date: 09/12/05

    Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 19:42:44 +0200
    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com

    Hi Alexander,

    > On Sat, 10 Sep 2005 diabolo@cotse.net wrote:
    >> I'm looking for a solution to log scp interactions on my server. I use
    >> currently openssh version 4.1p1 with the sftplogging patch. For
    >> users who need no shell access I use rssh to disable scp and force
    >> the use of sftp. But for users which needs shell access I do not
    >> know how to disable scp or to establish an scp logging.
    >>
    >> Is there a openssh patch for scp logging available?
    >>
    >> How can I disable scp for shell users?

    > Probably, you can somehow disable scp, but what you will get? A user
    > with shell access can just execute
    >
    > $ wget http://his-site/new-file
    >
    > or something similar to
    >
    > $ cat > new-file
    > some data
    > EOF

    I'm afraid you do not understand my intention. I do *not* want to disable
    the filetransfer for users. But I'd like to know what happens on my system.
    SFTP and shell interactions can be logged. Unfortunately scp not.

    The sftplogging patch for openssh is a good idea but can be bypassed by the user
    with scp. This is my problem.

    Frank