RE: User name prompt with ssh

From: Mark Senior (Mark.Senior_at_gov.ab.ca)
Date: 09/02/05

    Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 10:13:03 -0600

    Or, to avoid renaming the binary, you could put in /etc/profile

    function ssh() {
    read -p "Username:" SSH_LOGIN
    /usr/bin/ssh -l $SSH_LOGIN $*
    }

    Of course, you'd have to make sure your ssh binary actually lives in /usr/bin.

    Then users would be free to undefine the ssh function if they don't like that behaviour.

    Regards
    Mark