Re: User name prompt with ssh

From: Johan De Meersman (jdm_at_operamail.com)
Date: 09/02/05

    Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 10:54:20 +0200
    To: Guillaume Vissian <somebodyishere@gmail.com>

    ---begin prompt-ssh.sh---
    #!/bin/bash
    read -p "Please enter your remote username: " SSH_LOGIN
    real-ssh -l "$SSH_LOGIN" $*
    ---end prompt-ssh.sh---

    $ mv ssh real-ssh
    $ ln -s prompt-ssh.sh ssh

    --
    Q:	What do you call a half-dozen Indians with Asian flu?
    A:	Six sick Sikhs (sic).
    Public GPG key at blackhole.pca.dfn.de
    GCS/IT d- s:+ a- C(+++)$ UL++++$ P+++(++++)$ L++(+++)$ !E- W+(+++)$
    N+(++) o K w$ !O !M V PS(++)@ PE-(++)@ Y+ PGP++(+++) t(+) 5 X R tv--
    b++(++++) DI++(++++) D++ G e++>+++++ h(+) r y+**

    • Re: SSH login automation, get stuck at the last step.
      ... The ssh server that I am copying the public key to is not a typical ... The user "root" to login this box can not access the ... puts stderr "EXP username requested and sent " ...
      (comp.lang.tcl)
    • SUMMARY: how to set correct path?
      ... ven if we login with ssh. ... For BASH login shell, place the system wide ENV variables, such as PATH, ... You can set Use_login in the sshd_config to yes and restart sshd. ...
      (SunManagers)
    • Re: broken ssh
      ... The password works to login to the system directly. ... I've tried loogging in from the command line: "ssh ... Make sure that your home router port forwards port 22 ... Now try to ssh to the target computer locally (i.e., from itself, while ...
      (Ubuntu)
    • Re: ssh brute force attacks
      ... What you are most likely seeing are SSH worms on hacked PCs that scan ... -- use a separate username/password for SSH access, ... -- enforce more complex usernames & passwords for all users on the server ... Instead require the user to login as a non-root user first, ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Re: Authentication with SSH using public keys
      ... I use ssh to login remotely. ... there looks odd, or different, from other remote hosts I do this on. ... The permissions on the machine where it doesn't work: ...
      (freebsd-questions)