Re: Redhat WS 4, AIX 5.2.0.4, X11 apps problem

From: Travis Johnson (travis_johnson_at_genpt.com)
Date: 08/23/05

    Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 13:11:04 -0400
    To: Barry Brimer <barry.brimer@bigfoot.com>

    Barry Brimer wrote:

    > I believe the default setting for X11 forwarding changed in RHEL 4. Try using
    > ssh -X which will explicity enable X11 forwarding.
    >

    > Barry

    Sorry I forgot to add my other attempts to the original post. I've
    tried -X, I've tried -Y, I've left xhost alone, I've xhost +, I've
    rebooted, I've restarted all the AIX sshd's. I've double checked the
    $DISPLAY on both boxes, both show the ssh setup of :10. I have found
    out though that my boss's new WS 4 is also having this issue, so maybe
    it's something to do with the version WS4 uses? Here is some version
    info and what I get when I try to do a -X. Notice this error "Set
    program group failed: Not Owner". I think that's my problem, but I
    don't know what it's talking about. I see it in -vvv mode too, but it
    is not more descriptive as to what's not right. Any further help would
    be GREATLY appreciated.

    [Redhat Workstation 4]$ ssh -V
    OpenSSH_3.9p1, OpenSSL 0.9.7a Feb 19 2003

    AIX 5.2.0.4> ssh -V
    OpenSSH_3.8.1p1, OpenSSL 0.9.6m 17 Mar 2004

    [Redhat Workstation 4]$ ssh -X root@hqs6000q.genpt.net nwadmin
    Set program group failed: Not ownerError: Can't open display:

    --Travis Johnson