question about OpenSSH in cygwin

From: Sander Morsink (smorsink_at_planet.nl)
Date: 08/11/05

    Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 03:28:15 +0200
    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com

    Hello,

    I've succesfully installed openssh under cygwin. (according to
    http://pigtail.net/LRP/printsrv/cygwin-sshd.html)

    I'd just want to make sure things are set up ok....

    my own user account, which has a password now, has ssh access. is it
    right that the administrator and guest account don't have access and
    that any other account without a password doesn't either? I don't want
    them to either, just want to make sure that a smart kid somewhere can't
    get in due to some silly thing I forgot to turn off :)

    Thanks,

    Samor

    • Re: restricting ssh access
      ... >>Is there a way to prevent ssh access to a user account while still ... need them to have normal shell access so long as the user first ssh's to ... a different account and then su's to the account in question. ... disable direct ssh access to the account but allow indirect shell access ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • restricting ssh access
      ... Is there a way to prevent ssh access to a user account while still allowing ... and have full shell access. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: public key authentication
      ... On 2005-07-20, Richard E. Silverman wrote: ... You can then grant/deny SSH access without touching ... > denies access to any account not in the given groups. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: Windows Passwords
      ... "Windows Vista for Dummies" manual. ... I started by creating a test user account. ... The reason I say this is that, when I turned the Guest ...
    • Re: Help Me Understand User Accounts
      ... When you log off and log back in as the limited user you'll be able to ... you'll need to set up a new email account (under the new ... limited user account) the same as you had before, ... Administrator accounts are the default type of account ...