Re: ssh / keyless login problem

From: Terry Browning (linux-focus_at_nihil.co.uk)
Date: 07/25/05

    Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 20:53:28 +0100
    To: SA <n0td1scl0s3d@ntlworld.com>

    SA wrote:
    > The first time the script runs after a long delay (ie overnight when the local
    > host is turned off) ssh always asks for a password despite there being a
    > valid key pair on both hosts. If I kill the script and run it again then it
    > runs without asking for a password (as it should). My script needs to log in
    > several times and run automatically so password free operation is essential.
    Have you tried "PasswordAuthentication no" ?
    e.g.> ssh -o "PasswordAuthentication no" diesel.eee.nottingham.ac.uk

    You could try a cron script on diesel to
    "cat /home/whatever/.ssh/authorized_keys > /dev/null"
    shortly before the backup is due. Nasty, but quick.

    --
    Terry

    • ssh / keyless login problem
      ... OpenSSH_3.6.1p2, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0x0090701f ... I am using rsync to backup my local host to a remote host over ssh. ... The first time the script runs after a long delay (ie overnight when the local ...
      (SSH)
    • Re: How to get ssh to work in a loop
      ... > script for the sun systems which was quite easy as you only need to ... Drop cat (useless use of this command). ... I believe other UNIX systems) is to continually ping if 'ping HOST' is ... Running multiple ssh calls to the same system in a loop ...
      (comp.unix.shell)
    • Re: How to get ssh to work in a loop
      ... The for loop scrambles stdin, which upset, ssh/rsh, I get around ths by ... > script for the sun systems which was quite easy as you only need to ... > mounted filesystem by ssh to HP host and then creating a file called ... > doing loads of ssh to each host. ...
      (comp.unix.shell)
    • Re: How do you save passwords for Git/GitHub?
      ... J> the repositories I need for my project Swift Linux. ... J> for my password EVERY TIME the script tries to download a repository. ... create SSH keyfiles. ... script that logs you into a host using that key, ...
      (Debian-User)