Re: Duplicate ssh session

From: Konrad LUDWIKOWSKI (konradl_at_poczta.onet.pl)
Date: 07/14/05

    Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 21:58:21 +0200
    To: Justin Finkelstein <comingupslowly@gmail.com>

    On Thu, Jul 14, 2005 at 03:49:37PM +0100, Justin Finkelstein wrote:
    > I use PuTTY all the time, in Windows and to get a duplicate session,
    > you click the top-left icon in the window (I forget what this is
    > actually called) and select 'duplicate session'.

    Yes, that is true - but in PUTTY you have to input credentials (username/password)
    and on the server new sshd will be forked for you - but in F-Secure ypu simply
    get independend shell without need to log in.

    Rgds,
    Konrad

    > On 7/14/05, Konrad LUDWIKOWSKI <konradl@poczta.onet.pl> wrote:
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > I use comercial SSH client called F-Secure SSH client and putty. One of
    > > the best feature od F-Secure is the ability do duplicate (better multiplexing)
    > > ssh session. In F-Secure if you are logged in and click "New Terminal Window"
    > > you will get another terminal (without suppling credentials). From server
    > > point of view it looks like this:
    > >
    > > # ps -ef|grep sshd
    > > ludw 8104 8102 0 09:31 ? 00:00:00 sshd: ludw@pts/10,pts/11,pts/12
    > >
    > > another pts/XX for new terminal - but still the same instance of sshd.
    > >
    > > Does anyone know how to get such a behavior in putty or ssh commnad
    > > inside linux shell??
    > >
    > > Kind rgds,
    > > Konrad

    • Re: Duplicate ssh session
      ... I use PuTTY all the time, in Windows and to get a duplicate session, ... > I use comercial SSH client called F-Secure SSH client and putty. ...
      (SSH)
    • Re: X11 and XEmacs
      ... > I run Windows XP at home and my university network uses Linux. ... The problem was that using xemacs ... > in Putty would now result in the file being opened in my Windows ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: tightvnc & ssh
      ... > I can ssh to my mandrake box. ... I got a connection error (I forget the exact error ... Which seems to mean that I can't just use tightvnc on the windows ... There is a product called putty. ...
      (comp.os.linux.networking)
    • Re: cement
      ... > As you know in a few years putty starts to dry out. ... steel entry doors, you can't put a single pane glass in it, so the advent of ... But cleaning was a problem, ... church windows, and houses with exposure to the windows, although ...
      (rec.crafts.glass)
    • Re: Want to access my own sever via Putty
      ... > I would like the ability to access my server via Putty. ... Secondly, why Windows? ... certificate-based authentication to stunnel, and it's pretty secure. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)