Re: OpenSSH Compatibility Issue with SSH Communications client

From: Darren Tucker (dtucker_at_zip.com.au)
Date: 07/14/05

    Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 16:30:44 +1000
    To: "Tiffany, Mike (HHS/OS)" <Mike.Tiffany@hhs.gov>

    Tiffany, Mike (HHS/OS) wrote:
    > On the OpenSSH side, we are simply recieving a message that states "Did not
    > receive identification string from..."
    >
    > On the client side, we are getting the 'All versions of OpenSSH handle kex
    > guesses incorrectly." message. I had thought that this issue had been
    > resolved in an earlier version of OpenSSH, so I'm a little confused as to
    > why I'm still seeing it.

    Sounds like this:
    http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=secure-shell&m=112015879832166&w=2

    --
    Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
    usually comes from bad judgement.

    • Re: tcsetpgrp()
      ... Which SSH implementation and version thereof are you running? ... On QNX the pty allocation process apparently ... In the next release of OpenSSH, ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: SSH Connecting through Firewall
      ... >client to use HTTPS or FTP proxy. ... There is no such option in the OpenSSH ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: Adding "X11UseLocalhost no" to /etc/ssh/sshd_config breaks x forwarding
      ... telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused ... has been turned off either by Openssh or by Red Hat. ... feature or a bug I am unsure, there are warnings in the man page ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
      (SSH)
    • Re: Solaris 9 sshd<---> Cygwin/X ssh Problems
      ... >uses a Solaris box as an sshd server? ... I don't know if this exists in SunSSH but for OpenSSH this can be caused ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: Tacacs and OpenSSH
      ... attempting to integrate a Tacacs+ PAM with OpenSSH. ... There's a patch that may help at ... Good judgement comes with experience. ...
      (SSH)