No longer can connect

From: Nathan Zabaldo (nate_at_teradigm.us)
Date: 06/29/05

    To: <secureshell@securityfocus.com>
    Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 09:48:33 -0700

    On Mac OS X 10.3 Panther I no longer can connect to sshd using Putty.

    In Webmin v. 1.210 the ssh server reports the following:

    "Failed to get a version number from the SSH server program /usr/sbin/sshd.
    Maybe your module configuration is incorrect. Output from the command
    /usr/sbin/sshd -h was :"

    That is it. I've tried running /usr/bin/sshd from a command line thinking
    maybe it wasn't started, but I get all sorts off command not found errors
    and then a command substitution that is gobbly gook and begins with:

    "line 2: syntax error near unexpected token..." and then a whole bunch of
    strange characters.

    The only thing that has changed on my box recently was I installed ffmpeg,
    which upgraded a number of dependencies on my box, but none of them should
    have anything to do with openssh.

    I have reinstalled ssh several times from webmin. Any help would be much
    appreciated.

    Best Regards

    • Re: Installing linux, swap partition question!
      ... >> {ajh} wrote: ... >>> Obviously running KDE or GNOME will be constly, ... For basic/common options Webmin is pretty good, ... >> need to dive into the command line as well. ...
      (alt.os.linux.suse)
    • Re: Debian Newbie looking for Usefull Tools
      ... I second that: webmin is too much. ... usually very simply with a command line tool. ... Censorship, like charity, should begin at home; ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: Webmin? Good, Bad, Ugly?
      ... I use Webmin for all my linux servers. ... know I should be using the command line. ... Being new at setting up an Ubuntu server Webmin has been a lifesaver & ...
      (Ubuntu)
    • Re: PHP-GD not work
      ... yum, and config with webmin. ... the configure command. ... Are all the necessary PHP packages installed? ...
      (Fedora)