Re: Sshd error message (HP-UX)

From: Nathan Jackson (c.cured_at_gmail.com)
Date: 06/16/05

    Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 23:02:23 +0200
    To: "Hogan, Brad" <Brad.Hogan@mail.house.gov>

    Hi Brad,

    You should check that X11Forwarding is set to yes in the sshd_config file.

    The X Display variable should be set to something like localhost:10.0
    or 127.0.0.1:10.0 and not as the IP address of your PC. If you set
    this to your PC IP address then you will be bypassing the SSH tunnel.
    Type echo $DISPLAY at the prompt to see what is set.

    HTH,

    Nathan

    On 6/16/05, Hogan, Brad <Brad.Hogan@mail.house.gov> wrote:
    > I have set up HP-UX Secure Shell, version A.03.91.002, on two HP 9000
    > servers. They are both running HP-UX 11i. Using Exceed 10 (with Connectivity
    > Secure Shell 10) as my client on a windows PC, I can get VT emulated
    > terminals over ssh just fine. On one server when I try to bring up an Xterm,
    > I get this error:
    >
    > sshd[2466]: error: Can't get IP address for X11 DISPLAY
    >
    > Needless to say the xterm does not open up on my PC. On the other server
    > this works just fine. My PC is in the hosts file. It does not matter if I
    > put in the PC's IP address or a macro when I invoke the xterm command.
    > Remember that this works fine on the other server, secure tunnels to both
    > servers open just fine, I can ping my PC from both servers, etc. (Using
    > telnet as my startup method does work fine.)
    >
    > I have searched the archives and all I come up with are problems where
    > people do not provide the display name or IP for their display - this is not
    > my problem..... Does anyone have any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks for your time.
    > Regards,
    > -Brad

    • RE: MySQL/PHPMyAdmin on FC3 Connection Problem
      ... // You can disable a server config entry by setting host to ''. ... MySQL server ... MySQL control user settings ... table to describe the display fields ...
      (Fedora)
    • not prettey! Display problem
      ... X.Org X server -- core server ... X.Org X server -- AceCad input driver ... X.Org X server -- APM display driver ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: not prettey! Display problem
      ... when I start a KDE-Session I get several flashing pixels on the upper edge of my display, that leave holes in windows that are dragged accross them. ... X.Org X server -- core server ... X.Org X server -- AceCad input driver ... X.Org X server -- APM display driver ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: Show-stopper Exchange problem
      ... we want the display name to reflect the name of the ... With pretty much any regular old SMTP server, ... client running in smtp mode to set your display name on outbound email, ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Why multi-seat Debian Sid cannot use the stock kernel.
      ... SubSection "Display" ... # Greeter for local logins. ... # The X server to use if we can't figure out what else to run. ... # How many times can a person log in from a single host. ...
      (Debian-User)