.Xauthority corruption

From: Irfan or Sarah Elahi (elahi_at_rocketmail.com)
Date: 06/10/05

    Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 05:30:33 +0100 (BST)
    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com

    I just upgraded from SLES8 to SLES9 and have started
    getting this hard to recreate problem.

    We have a 64-node cluster with a shared NFS as $HOME.
    Sometimes when a user "ssh -X" to two or more nodes in
    quick succession the .Xauthority file ends up
    corrupted and the users first session works fine while
    X11forwarding for the second and third sessions do not
    work.

    This cannot be recreated easily but more than 5 users
    have complained about it in the last one week alone
    and the only solution was to ask the users to remove
    their .Xauthority file and try again.

    Any one has any clues why this is happening. I have
    the same sshd_config on another cluster running SLES8
    and the same problem has not occurred there even once.

    Thanks in advance.

    Irfan