Re: SFTP between Linux and Windows

From: Leandro Costa (lcosta_at_sub1.com.ar)
Date: 05/25/05

    Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 14:06:10 -0300
    To: "McDougall, Marshall (FSH)" <MarMcDouga@gov.mb.ca>

    Did you added the public key to the $HOME/.ssh/authorized_keys ? if you're using a product of the putty family to connect to the ssh server, IIRC, you need to save the private key with a putty-specific format. You can accomplish that using 'puttygen', loading your original private key, selecting what type of key do you want 'for example SSH 2 RSA', and then you save it as a '.ppk'. If you want to put a passphrase to the key, then you'll probably want to get 'pageant' to keep your keys loaded and being prompted for the passphrase only once.

    Regards,
    Leandro Costa

    On Wed, 25 May 2005 08:12:00 -0500
    "McDougall, Marshall (FSH)" <MarMcDouga@gov.mb.ca> wrote:

    > I am trying to get an unattended SFTP session between a windows box and a
    > Linux box. The windows machine is running SSH V3.2.0 build 267 and the
    > Linux machine is running openssh-3.1p1-14. I have created the public keys
    > but I am still getting prompted for password. I have accomplished this in
    > the past going from Linux - Linux, but this is the first time I have tried
    > it from Windows - Linux. Any insights appreciated.
    >
    > Regards, Marshall

    • Re: SFTP between Linux and Windows
      ... I'm using it that way (Windows TortoiseSVN Clients over ssh) => Linux Subversion Server. ... "McDougall, Marshall (FSH)" wrote: ... > Regards, Marshall ...
      (SSH)
    • RE: SFTP between Linux and Windows
      ... is that openssh and SSH use different keys. ... Regards, Marshall ... SFTP between Linux and Windows ...
      (SSH)
    • RE: linux version
      ... Regards, Marshall ... How i can check which linux version i am using, ... unsubscribe mailto:redhat-list-request@redhat.com?subject=unsubscribe ...
      (RedHat)
    • FW: IBM ThinkPad HD APS Linux Driver
      ... Your inquiry regarding the Active Protection System and the Fingerprint ... With regards to the Active Protection System, Lenovo has ... (They are obviously not thinking in Linux.) ...
      (Linux-Kernel)
    • Re: Flash 9
      ... >>> I see it in linux compat layer ... > I have the same situation, no sound! ... > Best regards, ... There would not be any sound, because linux flash 9 ...
      (freebsd-questions)