Re: SFTP between Linux and Windows

From: Leandro Costa (lcosta_at_sub1.com.ar)
Date: 05/25/05

    Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 14:06:10 -0300
    To: "McDougall, Marshall (FSH)" <MarMcDouga@gov.mb.ca>

    Did you added the public key to the $HOME/.ssh/authorized_keys ? if you're using a product of the putty family to connect to the ssh server, IIRC, you need to save the private key with a putty-specific format. You can accomplish that using 'puttygen', loading your original private key, selecting what type of key do you want 'for example SSH 2 RSA', and then you save it as a '.ppk'. If you want to put a passphrase to the key, then you'll probably want to get 'pageant' to keep your keys loaded and being prompted for the passphrase only once.

    Regards,
    Leandro Costa