Re: Can't scp from HPUX to AIX

From: Senthil Kumar (senthilkumar_sen_at_hotpop.com)
Date: 05/10/05

    To: "Hicks,Rodger" <Rodger.Hicks@fhlbny.com>
    Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 21:43:14 +0530

    Hicks Rodger wrote:-
    >I'm trying to scp a file from HPUX (OpenSSH 3.7.1P2) to AIX (4.0). It
    >asks me to authenticate, I type in the password and after three attempts
    >it fails with "no more authentication methods to try". I know I'm not
    >typing in the password incorrectly because I can telnet fine. Same
    >problem happens with ssh, obviously. However, everything works fine in
    >the direction if I scp from AIX to HP-UX.

    Could u send the debug outputs for server? Also check if any of your PAM
    configurations are affecting this?

    Regards,
    Senthil Kumar.

    • Re: Problems with access to a web page
      ... > There is a website I have visited for a long time and have never had trouble ... I've tried accessing it from my favourites, typing ... All those links work fine with telnet 80. ... E.g. to get a better symptom description by partially simulating ...
    • Re: Problems with access to a web page
      ... Thanks too Robert - I typed in what you suggested (telnet ... I've tried accessing it from my favourites, typing ... that would explain your symptom. ...
    • Re: Configuration problem? Can someone help??
      ... >> telnet 80 would be a better connectivity test anyway. ... to get into the telnet client's command mode. ... by default you can't see what you are typing ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.setup)
    • Re: .Mac & Outlook - send errors
      ... Did you specify smtp.mac.com as your SMTP address? ... authenticate to it before sending? ... Can you telnet to it on port 25 in a ...
      (microsoft.public.outlook)
    • Re: AutoItX
      ... However I have not seen anything about TELNET in particular. ... "Capturing a session", really that is as broad as a mesh fence. ... I can authenticate and pass any command I want but unable to capture data ...
      (microsoft.public.scripting.wsh)