Re: bash_logout and sftp

From: Corey (corey_s_at_qwest.net)
Date: 05/07/05

    Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 17:44:37 -0700
    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com

    On Friday 06 May 2005 10:17 am, Derek Martin wrote:
    > You might want to look into FAM, the File Alteration Monitor. It may
    > help you do what you want to do...

    Hmmm... FAM, or possibly dnotify even. I know kde uses FAM for its
    filemanager - another interesting idea. I'll look into this - but I'm
    thinking the log parser might be the better option for my purposes, but
    perhaps not - definitely worth looking into. Thanks!

    If I _really_ wanted to do this "right", I'd figure out how to enhance the
    sftp-server to provide login/logout and/or upload-completed "hooks"... I
    wonder how dificult this would be.

    Anyhow, thanks for all the input and suggestions/help everyone - much
    appreciated.

    Beers!

    Corey

    • FAM
      ... I'm having a problem with FAM (file alteration monitor). ... Each time I'm opening a folder under KDE (using Konqueror), ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: requesting assistance: stale dependency
      ... make install clean ... fix all of the references to fam to gamin. ... > the FreeBSD port of FAM polls files every few seconds, ... > FAM, the File Alteration Monitor, provides an API which applications ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: File Alteration Monitor
      ... acronym wrote: ... :I'm having problems with the FAM. ... I did a clean install of 6.5.17m ... :File Alteration Monitor has stopped responding. ...
      (comp.sys.sgi.admin)
    • File Alteration Monitor
      ... I'm having problems with the FAM. ... I did a clean install of 6.5.17m ... File Alteration Monitor has stopped responding. ... I should also say this happened on my octane while it ...
      (comp.sys.sgi.admin)
    • Re: Need to block on file eof read
      ... your manual pages) for information on FAM (file alteration monitor). ... Linux, you can use 'gamin'. ...
      (comp.unix.programmer)