remote ssh for root

daniel.engelsen_at_caremark.com
Date: 05/06/05

    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com
    Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 09:22:06 -0700

    I would like to setup a trusted host that utilizes ssh; however, I do not
    want root to be loginable. If I set PermitRootLogin to no, then the remote
    ssh function stops as well. Does anyone know of a way to be able to do
    remote ssh's as root without allowing root to be able to login?

    I am using AIX versions 5.1, 5.2, and 5.3, and we are running ssh versions
    3.6 and 3.8.

    Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks,

    • Re: Restricting access to a web server by IP
      ... > remote control clients, etc - we remotely ... > The agrument against is that mpst vulnerabilities seem to come through ... > servers, and blocking access to all IPs accept those on the allowed list - ...
      (comp.security.misc)
    • Re: Restricting access to a web server by IP
      ... > remote control clients, etc - we remotely ... > The agrument against is that mpst vulnerabilities seem to come through ... > servers, and blocking access to all IPs accept those on the allowed list - ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: Restricting access to a web server by IP
      ... > remote control clients, etc - we remotely ... > The agrument against is that mpst vulnerabilities seem to come through ... > servers, and blocking access to all IPs accept those on the allowed list - ...
      (alt.computer.security)
    • Re: smb.conf
      ... I just came across this post and noted you're use of the smb browser. ... does it allow one to actually work with file on remote ... >>Linux machine is located as well as the Samba server, ... > to both machines as root. ...
      (linux.redhat)
    • Re: HMC and root connection
      ... Remote login as root is not possible. ... Su from hscroot to root ... This password you have to get from IBM. ...
      (comp.unix.aix)