Re: Disconnecting: Corrupted MAC on input.

From: David Ho (DavidHo_at_nanometrics.ca)
Date: 05/06/05

    To: Darren Tucker <dtucker@zip.com.au>, "weiser, olaf" <olaf.weiser@t-systems.com>
    Date: Fri, 6 May 2005 11:08:11 -0400

    Darren Tucker wrote:
    >David Ho wrote:
    >> I am compiling sshd version OpenSSH_4.0p1 natively on an embbeded ppc
    for
    >> secure access to the unit. I have managed to build the executables with
    >> PAM support on this measly 60MHz, 128MB MPC8xx.
    >
    >There was a similar problem reported a while back, the problem appears
    >to have been within OpenSSL, possibly caused by a compiler problem.
    >Recompiling it and OpenSSH resolved the issue (compiling openssl, zlib
    >and openssh without optimization is also worth trying).
    >
    >http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=openssh-unix-dev&m=106989102822337

    I read a post in the archive that has a similar problem with a ppc4xx
    target. The symptoms were very similar, I was able to ssh to it's own sshd
    but I cannot ssh from an x86 Linux box. It talks about recompiling openssl
    as well.

    So the next thing I did was an "openssl version -a", and lo and behold, an
    old version of the library was there and it was compiled for linux-elf. I
    trashed the old gunk in the filesystem, compiled the openssl library with
    "./Configure shared linux-ppc", and everything is happy again.

    Thanks for your pointer, I really appreciated it.

    David

    • RE: epoll,threading
      ... OpenSSL, one with 'threads' and one with 'no-threads'. ... Same compiler, same ... timing function used: times ... sign verify sign/s verify/s ...
      (Linux-Kernel)
    • Re: OpenSSH 3.2.3p1 incompatibilities between Solaris 7 and 8
      ... can't compile 3.2.3p1 on Solaris 8 ... (assuming your OpenSSL is in the usual place). ... configure:8336: error: Your OpenSSL headers do not match your library ... > checking for C compiler default output... ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: OpenSSH 3.2.3p1 incompatibilities between Solaris 7 and 8
      ... can't compile 3.2.3p1 on Solaris 8 ... (assuming your OpenSSL is in the usual place). ... configure:8336: error: Your OpenSSL headers do not match your library ... > checking for C compiler default output... ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: epoll,threading
      ... OpenSSL, one with 'threads' and one with 'no-threads'. ... Same compiler, same ... timing function used: times ... sign verify sign/s verify/s ...
      (Linux-Kernel)
    • Re: Dual-core systems - AMD - Windows Vista
      ... David J Taylor wrote: ... project files. ... I recently add the necessary macros to the dsp files so ... We don't ship the OpenSSL sources due to possible export regulations. ...
      (comp.protocols.time.ntp)