Port forwarding to listen on designated interface

From: Josh Cole (joshua.cole.au_at_gmail.com)
Date: 04/29/05

    Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 10:22:44 +1000
    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com

    Hi list.

    I'm using the -L option to set up an ssh tunnel to a remote host.

    I would like to be able to specify the local network device that ssh
    listens on. With the -g option, ssh will listen on the designated
    port on *all* local interfaces. Without the -g option, ssh will
    listen only on the loopback device. I would like to be able to get it
    to listen on a device that I nominate (e.g. a dummy network device, or
    a second loopback device).

    I know I can achive what I want by using the -g option and using
    ipchains to filter out connections on the devices that I don't want to
    listen on, but I was hoping there was a neater way.

    Thanks in advance,
    Josh

    • Re: embedding sshd into a server
      ... Right now it listens on a ... Copy the normal ssh config files to a new "privatessh" config: ... A simple way to force a certain command is to change ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Re: Recent spam increase
      ... setup ssh to listen on port 80 as a first choice but, ... ssh listens on port 443instead of 80), but not every one has this ... If both 80 and 443 are used for real HTTP and HTTPS services, ...
      (Debian-User)
    • AIX, HACMP and SSH
      ... I am new to SSH and need to find a few things about how SSH is configured, ... shared hostname. ... listen on a particular IP address, or is it like telnet where it listens ... create an SSL cert and you have an address that you connect ot is ...
      (SSH)