scp and prompting for password

DDecounter_at_reviewjournal.com
Date: 04/26/05

    To: secureshell@securityfocus.com
    Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 11:28:15 -0700

    I recently installed openssh-4.0p1 on an RS6000 running AIX 4.3. Trying
    to scp files to a Sun box running openssh-3.7.1p2 (OS ver 5.9). I've
    exchanged keys, the username is the same on both systems and I've set up
    shosts.equiv...yet it still prompts for password (the file transfer does
    complete ok). Does anyone know what permissions I should have for the
    various ssh files/directories for the RS6000 and if I'm leaving anything
    else out? Thanks.