Re: X11 Forwarding

From: Jeff Rosowski (rosowskij_at_ie.ymp.gov)
Date: 04/20/05

    Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 15:30:57 -0700 (PDT)
    To: "Christ, Bryan" <bryan.christ@hp.com>

    > ssh -vv -X user@host
    >
    > but I haven't seen anything suspicious. xauth is installed in the normal
    > location and seems to run correctly (although I'm really not familiar
    > with it). In my sshd_config file, the relevant options are set as:
    >
    > X11Forwarding yes
    > X11DisplayOffset 10
    > #X11UseLocalHost no
    > #UseLogin yes

    I enabled the following in my sshd_config

    X11Forwarding yes
    X11DisplayOffset 10
    X11UseLocalhost yes

    and the following in my ssh_config

    ForwardX11 yes

    then when I ssh to the remote host with the -X option,
    and echo $DISPLAY it's set.

    • Re: Remote X login
      ... >> Used on the client ... > X forwarding to work with remote logins. ... > X11UseLocalhost No ... > Change X11Forwarding no to ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Problem with X11 forwarding.
      ... X11Forwarding yes ... Fruit flies like a banana. ... -happened but none stranger than this. ...
      (SSH)
    • Re: Problem with X11 forwarding.
      ... > For some reason my X11 forwarding seems to be busted. ... > X11Forwarding yes ...
      (SSH)
    • [SLE] X11Forwarding with 9.1
      ... I used to open applications at other machines with SuSE 8.2 and ... all that was required was to activate X11Forwarding in /etc/ssh/sshd_config. ... But when I log into an 8.2 machine from 9.1, DISPLAY is set ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: Can not start xlogo
      ... Is any other possibility to unset DISPLAY? ... Is X11Forwarding enabled in the sshd configuration? ... Just for trying one "ssh -X"? ...
      (comp.unix.admin)