X11 Forwarding

From: Christ, Bryan (bryan.christ_at_hp.com)
Date: 04/18/05

    Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 09:46:07 -0500
    To: <secureshell@securityfocus.com>

    Does anyone know why my DISPLAY variable is not getting set? I have
    tried looking at the debug messages from

    ssh -vv -X user@host

    but I haven't seen anything suspicious. xauth is installed in the normal
    location and seems to run correctly (although I'm really not familiar
    with it). In my sshd_config file, the relevant options are set as:

    X11Forwarding yes
    X11DisplayOffset 10
    #X11UseLocalHost no
    #UseLogin yes

    I've spent quite a bit of time googling on this problem and haven't come
    up with anything yet. I suspect that it might have something to do with
    installing XFree86 on Slackware 9.0 after initial OS installation (using
    installpkg *.tgz on the relevant packages). I'm really at a loss for
    where to turn.

    Server is OpenSSH 3.5p1, OpenSSL 0.9.7a
    Client is OpenSSH 4.0p1, OpenSSL 0.9.7f

    Thanks in advance!

    • RE: X11 Forwarding
      ... shouldn't be any need to set DISPLAY manually. ... the relevant options are set as: ... installing XFree86 on Slackware 9.0 after initial OS installation (using ... Server is OpenSSH 3.5p1, OpenSSL 0.9.7a ...
      (SSH)
    • Re: FW: No longer can connect
      ... SSH should allow you to log in as anybody (except maybe root) ... The previous suggestion of installing "normally" from the command line ... special configuration methods that openssh doesn't expect. ...
      (SSH)
    • Re: OpenSSH - CSSA-2003-SCO.24
      ... |> After installing CSSA-2003-SCO.24, I am getting the following error: ... |> Then the login session is closed. ... |> than root attempts to login via ssh. ... | I haven't tried uninstalling and trying to build the OpenSSH package ...
      (comp.unix.sco.misc)
    • Re: Latest OpenSSH cant find latest OpenSSL
      ... on us for documentation for installing the latest openSSH, openSSL, etc. ... When these little quirks come up, it makes it harder for clients ... trying to install ssh & ssl when reading step-by-step instructions. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)