Re: OpenSSH question of server keys on FreeBSD

From: Darren Tucker (dtucker_at_zip.com.au)
Date: 04/10/05

    Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 16:05:19 +1000
    To: joel d <joelgroup@gmail.com>

    joel d wrote:
    > When I test the server with "sshd -ddd", I get an error back from the
    > server which reads:
    > debug3: Not a RSA1 key file /etc/ssh/ssh_host_dsa_key

    That's not a problem because it shouldn't be an RSA1 (aka SSHv1) key, it
    should be a SSHv2 DSA key. For backward compatibility reasons, OpenSSH
    will attempt to read keys as RSA1 first, then try the SSHv2 types. You
    should find that line is followed immediately by something like:

    debug1: read PEM private key done: type DSA
    debug1: private host key: #2 type 2 DSA

    [...]
    > The clients connect to the server but the connect time is way over 60
    > seconds so I am bummed out. I have looked on the OpenSSH site and
    > googled for it but have not found a workable solution.

    You've checked these?
    http://www.openssh.com/faq.html#3.3

    Delays of 60+ seconds are usually DNS problems: check the forward *and
    reverse* lookups for both the client and server.

    If none of those help, at what point does the debug output from sshd
    freeze when attempting to log in?

    --
    Darren Tucker (dtucker at zip.com.au)
    usually comes from bad judgement.

    • Announce: OpenSSH 4.2 released
      ... OpenSSH 4.2 has just been released. ... implementation and includes sftp client and server support. ...
      (SSH)
    • Re: GSSAPI SSH WIN 2003
      ... OpenSSH does not have this flexibility. ... server that does; it is one of the most long-standing inadequacies of most ... used publickey authentication, for the simple reasons that it's ... > group will get Service ticket for my HP-UX box. ...
      (comp.security.ssh)
    • Announce: OpenSSH 4.3 released
      ... OpenSSH 4.3 has just been released. ... implementation and includes sftp client and server support. ...
      (SSH)
    • =?Utf-8?Q?DC_hin=C3=BCber_nach_=C3=84nderung_von_Pri?= =?Utf-8?Q?vilegien_=28OpenSSH_auf_Ser
      ... Server, zusammen bilden die eine AD Domäne ab. ... Jetzt versuche ich OpenSSH auf beiden zum Laufen zu bekommen. ... dass der Local System Account unter Windows Server 2003 nicht ... GPOs, da unsere GPO zuerst zieht und damit die Benutzer, die in den o.g. ...
      (microsoft.public.de.german.windows.server.general)
    • RE: SecureID Question
      ... I used to work for RSA Security and built most of their "unsupported" Linux ... OpenSSH or the native Login is used. ... I did some work to integrate SecurID with OpenSSH for a couple of specific ... When I log into my openssh server I then try to ssh to a server from there ...
      (SSH)